a little new and a little retired...
Created for my monthly card clubs this card combines the lovely Skylark Paper Packet that is found in the current Idea Book with several products that are currently found on While Supplies Last. While this card proved to be a bit of a challenge for a few of my card club "girls" they did great. Most of them had not worked with craft paper before so we did discuss how pigment inks show up so much better on it over dye inks (as you can see from the chicken wire stamping on the flap) and we also used a Color-ready Cork Shape and they were surprised that they could stamp on it with pigment inks as well.
Other products I used on this card:
- D1544 - Distressed Backgrounds (the wonderful "Chicken Wire")
- D1510 - 4 My Friend (which I just found out is a retired stamp set)
- Buttercup Pigment Ink which is found in the Whimsy Mini Pigment Pad Set
- Juniper and Buttercup Dye Ink for the Sentiment and inking accents on the Dragonfly & Bird
- Cricut Art Philosophy to cut out the Dragonfly, Bird and Scalloped Oval
I have decided to enter this card into a few challenges...
- Shopping Our Stash SOS #140: Heavy Metal - The challenge is to use something metal and my little bird is being is perched onto a Foundry Pin Clip which is definitely metal.
- Color My Heart: Color Dare #83 - The colour challenge is to use Juniper, Lagoon, Sweet Leaf and Skylark Yellow.
- Heart 2 Heart Challenges: Shabby Chic - The challenge was to create something that was shabby chic to you. As I tend to go more to the Clean and Simple design, this card with it's several layers with paper, metal, cork, ribbon, and Cricut cuts definitely is way more "shabby" to me!
Thank you for stopping by and I truly appreciate your comments.